12.16.2010

Festivities, The Procurement of The Conifer

So, here we are, just before Thanksgiving, which is why I am wearing a sweater.  No, Layla doesn't always pick her nose, but it is becoming a habit. We went to Mama Shaw's house, along with 32 other people for a wonderful Thanksgiving, and no, we do not say "Turkey Day."



We also went to the "forest" a bit ago, and picked out a Christmas tree.  Yes, there was snow out, we said, but if we bundle the kids up, we should be able to get the tree, tie it up, and get home before the kids lose it, right?  Wrong.  It was cold.  Really cold.  So cold that these pictures were taken in the two minutes between hiking as close to the top of the hill as we could, picking the tree, and trudging back down to the car.


I then went back up and dragged the tree about 5 miles down the hill back to the car, by myself, until this twelve year old kid whose family owns the "forest" jumped out of a truck and helped me.  I may have passed out at some point, but I forget.  Anyway, he good samaritan'd me and the tree down to the car, and it's in the house now, and Paige made it lovely.  Like so:

Our Tree

No comments: